Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Burren



Yesterday I headed back to the Burren and Cliffs of Moher. I walked with Miss Tennessee 1999-2000. She was beautiful and lively. She lives in Nashville and her traveling companion lives in Franklin. She pointed out that her jacket said Miss Tennessee, Sr. but I told her that I had not noticed the Sr. part. She dubbed me Miss Knoxville for the rest of the tour. A young woman that lives in London, but was from Japan sat with me for the tour. She was there with her employer, an older gentle man and his handicapped friend. I believe she was their companion, she helped them with lunch, walking and tickets. We discussed Japan's candy, greetings and her teenage sons.
This morning I once again had breakfast with Ann. This was her last day here and she was on her way home. She lives on the edge of Galway Bay. She plans to walk six miles along the shore when she gets home and then to prepare evacuation beds for her family. Galway Bay is expecting the highest tide ever on Friday. Her Sister's home, just down the road, will probably be underwater. Ann's home is somewhere in this picture of Galway Bay.
We spent out last breakfast discussing flowers, US politics, and exercise. She was an instant friend, and I shall miss her. We plan to write.

No comments: