

This Burka / Whalen family is a busy lot. Work, school, adventures, and sports. We are such an interesting bunch. I have been researching our ancestors and they were also a busy group. I have been concentrating on the Allen side this summer. This side of the family came to America in it's early years. To date, I have charted seven men who fought in the Revolutionary War. They were from the Virginia, Georgia, NC, and SC colonies. Captians down to wagoneers and privates. These men were given land in the Tennessee area as reward for service. The settlers in the area welcomed them and together they fought the Indians and settled the land. Many became active in starting churches and politics while they farmed their land.
More later
Your Wild Irish Rose Reporter
ps.... Andrew's picture was for another post which disappeared into blog world....only his picture remained and refused to be removed...so there he is, the man of the moment in the Burka / Whalen story
No comments:
Post a Comment